Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hey everyone

Rock on folks....Music will start soon, be warned...

Well, it is time to jump ship. It is beyond time. I am very tired of the misuse friends of mine have taken on the previous site where I used to blog. This is a new freedom. I can say and do what I feel.... It is such a relief to be done tip-toeing around the JT editors.

My life has been crazy lately! I've been dealing with being in the "sandwich generation." Two of my kids are graduating from college and starting out on their own. So, less demand on me; however, I just moved my aging mother into an assisted living facility. That means a house chuck full of stuff to get rid of, and I'm the lucky dog that gets to do it!

After only a few days of living the high life in the new apartment, my mom took a fall and wound up in the hospital and thanks to good old Medicare (NOT) They shipped her off to a rehab facility. In plain terms that means a nursing home. So, no free time for me. One really has to oversee the care of loved ones in places like that. The workers are so overworked that neglect is an everyday thing. Really a shame. So, now I have three places to take care of...the old house, the new apartment and most importantly her and where she currently is.... good times!

This is really just a test blog. I'll try to jazz with it and see how it works and how to "purty" and spice it up!

Thanks to the current moderator for the invite. It would be great if this works for us!


4 comments:

OrbsCorbs said...

Great to see the blog. Sorry about the situation with your mother. I can relate.

I consider all of this a test blog, too. Hey, go to settings and under comments, please disable the word verification feature.


*third try*

drewzepmeister said...

Hey kk,great to see you blogging again! Sorry to hear about your mother. Hope things work out for you. I stumbled across this looking for works of the Sub-geniues.

kkdither said...

Verification should be disabled now. I hate those stupid twisted letters too.

There must be a way to delete unwanted comments if you get spammed?

I'm up in the middle of the night for some reason playing around, my brain isn't working so great...have to go try for more zzzzzzz's

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the situation with your mom. I can appreciate what you are doing....been there, done that. Anyway, take care of her. Remember she for a long time was doing the same for you.

By the way, have you seen my crayons?